Nauvoo Illinois Temple
- Was dedicated on June 27-30, 2002 by President Gordon B. Hinckley.
- Was dedicated on the very day and hour of the 158th anniversary of the martyrdom of Joseph and Hyrum Smith.
- Was the first temple to have an angel, and the only temple to have horizontal, flying angel.
- Is one of only two temples to have ever been destroyed and have had replacement temples built. The original temple was built in the 1840s and was destroyed by fire in 1848.
- Has the largest baptismal font out of any of the LDS temples.
- The coloring page design was based upon the sunstone and starstone designs found on the exterior of the temple.
To view the coloring page inspiration visit:
For more temple facts visit: